While browsing for recipes online today I came across these two great fudge recipes and guess what?!?! You make them using CANDY :) Not to mention they look super easy to make!
Tootsie Roll Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup green and red M&M’s
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score the surface into 1-in. squares. Press a M&M’s candy into the center of each square. Cool. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Gumdrop Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped gumdrops
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the candy coating, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and gumdrops.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from the pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store at room temperature. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Note: Recipes courtesy of Tasteofhome.com